Saturday, August 27, 2011

spilling the beans

A woman that I avoid at all costs (take the most inconvenient route to miss her, pretend I’m on the phone, run) will chase me down to exchange “pleasantries.” Historically this forced friendship has consisted of her dishing out back-handed compliments and making inappropriate comments, followed by attempts of concern with offensive personal inquires.  She got a hold of me recently. This time her babbling spilled the beans on the plot in the book I had just started reading and falling in love with.  After I told her I just started reading and falling in love with it.  Seriously.
The book was The Help. If you haven’t read it, I suggest you get on that asap.  It’s truly an amazing novel. Although for the movie I didn’t picture Miss Skeeter to look like Emma Stone, I admire the actress’ red carpet style. I wonder who’s her stylist?


1 comment:

talk to me, baby.