Monday, August 15, 2011

aloha island tour

Getting off the plane in Hawaii is reminiscent of when you found out Santa was bogus.  At your arrival the pretty hula girls ready to dress you in leis are absent and a tropical music soundtrack to greet you is missing, even if you are flying first class.  But then you realize that regardless of the existence of that jolly fatty who somehow made it down your chimney, you’re still getting amazing presents. In this case, I was still in a tropical paradise.
This post is intended to offer a little interior design inspiration, highlighting my friend’s homes in Waikiki, the North Shore for a (the-photographer-is-obsessed-with-my-bum) photo shoot, and Maui.  The architecture is very cool and the interior is outfitted primarily in Kreiss furniture. I know this because prior to jetting to the islands we dined at the Kreiss family home in La Jolla and the décor in both places was strikingly similar. I just put two and two together. I'm really smart like that ;-)

First up Waikiki, Oahu.



Now off the the North Shore (Oahu) for a some photos...


 now off to maui... this house was the best! although, my pics don't do justice!

 









 

No comments:

Post a Comment

talk to me, baby.