Monday, August 29, 2011

playlist- my adored demon

My adored demon is pinching my sides with sharp fingers, gripping my lower back with superhero force, and instructing me to indulge in chocolate and Doritos.  She’s complaining that suddenly my bra is a size too small.  She suggests I watch a sad movie for crying purposes only and offers a strong case for finding reasons to be upset with people I normally wouldn’t think twice about.  According to this beautiful monster, everyone is a total idiot; a fact that she will readily expose.  This thing is swimming in a glorious pool of mean and boldness.  
Luckily she’ll be gone in three to five days! J I won’t see her face again for at least a month. Her exit feels like a different kind of heaven.  While she’s interesting and intriguing at times, I prefer her in small doses.  In the meantime, I’m offering her this playlist as my condolences for her imminent dismissal. These old favorites are a cozy blanket of self-pity and hot cup of sulking mixed in with the occasional shot of joy.  Sometimes sweet nostalgic music is just the ticket. J

No comments:

Post a Comment

talk to me, baby.